Join our bespoke Birth Preparation Workshop for pregnant women and their birth partners. Be emersed in effective, helpful techniques you and your birth partner can employ to support you in childbirth.
Research shows that women value and benefit from the presence of a support person in childbirth – birth partner’s plays a valuable role.
‘I am so relieved I managed to convince my husband to come to the Birth Preparation Workshop, not only did he support me every step of the way, he felt confident with how he could support me.’ First time mum, 2017
In a small group and warm and friendly setting, we talk about the physiological process of labour. Helping you to know what to expect and empowering you both to understand why the techniques we share can make childbirth more manageable and support the progress of labour & birth. You’ll also a receive a Handbook which accompanies the Workshop.
This Workshop shares practical ways to help you manage the intensity of labour including breath, sound, rebozo, relaxation and massage practices. There will be movement practice for an active birth with plenty of birth partner role play for support, pain relief and birth partner supported postures for labour and birth – please wear comfortable clothes (allowing you to move freely).
- Suitable after 20 weeks of pregnancy (after your 20 week scan)
- For women and their birth partners
- Anatomy, Physiology, Hormones & Stages of Birth
- Pain perception and resources for coping
- Holistic preparation with movement, positioning, use of breath & sound
- Releases psychosomatic obstacles to the progress of labour and delivery
- Helps empower women to embrace their deeper instincts to make space for their baby’s journey through the pelvic openings
- Helps empower birth partners to be involved in the birth experience and welcome a newborn baby whilst supporting birthing women with confidence and understanding
Feedback from attendees at our Birth Preparation Workshops:
- ‘Me and my husband attended this excellent birth preparation workshop which is totally a hands on experience. The techniques taught during the workshop are really simple for birth partners to understand and put them to use during labour.’ Expecting mum
- ‘Thank you so much. I feel a lot better prepared to support my Partner.’ Birth Partner
- ‘I loved that it was very practical and that we moved around a lot – good content’ Expecting mum
- ‘I liked learning about the positions I can help my wife with, that don’t hurt the baby’ Birth Partner
As labour approaches, it can be a time of mixed emotions for you and your birth partner. This Workshop will help you both to build confidence, prepare and empower you – helping to transform your experience of birth.
Join our Birth Preparation Workshop
Prior to joining, please confirm with your GP or Midwife that yoga is suitable for you and your baby.
Bookings are taken online and spaces are limited. To book your space, please complete the form below. A payment request will be emailed to you on the same day (if you don’t receive this please check your junk/spam inbox or Contact Us). Upon receipt of payment, we will send you an email to confirm your booking.
Please note: All attendees must arrive 10 minutes early to their first Class to Register, otherwise you will not be able to Register and take the Class and this will count as a used Class. All Bookings must be completed and payment received at least 10 days before the date of the Class you wish to join.
Private Birth Prepartation Workshops are also available. These can be tailored to meet your individual needs at a time that suits you.