Join our Birth Preparation Workshop for expecting parents. Be immersed in effective natural techniques you can use to support you in childbirth. Research shows women value and benefit from the presence of a support person in childbirth.
‘I am so relieved I managed to convince my husband to come to the Birth Preparation Workshop, not only did he support me every step of the way, he felt confident with how he could support me.’ First time mum, 2017
In a small group we discuss the physiological process of labour, helping you know what to expect. Empowering you to understand why the active, mindful techniques shared makes childbirth more manageable and can support it’s progress. You’ll also a receive a Booklet to accompany the Workshop.
- Practical ways to help you manage the intensity of labour
- Breath, sound, relaxation & massage practices
- Movement & positioning for an active birth
- Partner role play for support, pain relief, supported postures for labour & birth
- Anatomy, Physiology, Hormones & Stages of Birth
- Pain perception & resources for coping
- Releases psychosomatic obstacles to the progress of labour & delivery
- Empowers women to embrace their deeper instincts to make space for baby’s journey through the pelvis
- Empowers Partners to be involved in the birth experience & welcome a newborn baby whilst supporting birthing women with confidence & understanding
Feedback from attendees at our Birth Preparation Workshops:
- ‘Me and my husband attended this excellent birth preparation workshop which is totally a hands on experience. The techniques taught during the workshop are really simple for birth partners to understand and put them to use during labour.’
- ‘Thank you so much. I feel a lot better prepared to support my Partner.’
- ‘I loved that it was very practical and that we moved around a lot – good content’ Expecting mum
- ‘I liked learning about the positions I can help my wife with, that don’t hurt the baby’
As labour approaches it can be a time of mixed emotions for you both. Our Birth Preparation Workshop helps you to build confidence and prepare – helping to transform your experience of birth.
Join our Birth Preparation Workshop
Suitable from 20 weeks of pregnancy (after your 20 week scan). Prior to joining, please confirm with your GP/Midwife that yoga is suitable for you and baby.
Bookings are taken online, upon receipt of payment you’ll receive an email confirming your Booking with details to prepare for the Workshop (check your Junk Folder & contact us if you don’t receive this). If you have any questions drop us a line.
Private Birth Preparation Workshops are also available. These can be tailored to meet your individual needs at a time and place that suits you.
Really useful workshop – a great mix of theory, practical and relaxation. Sky goes into a lot of detail on technical aspects of labour which are missed in the standard hospital provided antenatal classes, such as the interplay of hormones throughout all stages of labour and anatomy of the pelvis and how this changes with movement and lots more. The practicals and yogic side make the entire day very relaxing and gave lots of inspiration for preparing a calming birthing environment. My husband was initially apprehensive about doing a yoga orientated class, thinking it would be a re-enactment of the Rainbow Rhythms Peepshow episode, but it was nothing like this and he found he picked up lots of useful tips and tricks and ended up being fine with the yoga elements. Amy, February 2019